Thursday, November 13, 2008

Eternal Drift

Having received my new IML track, I have plunged myself into the amazing world of PLANKTON! It is a world so enthralling that, whenever I read about it, my psyche morphs into a physical analog of a vast aquatic eco-system consisting of billions of primitive but miraculous individual life-forms. My synapses grow double flagellums and elevate & sink, drifting with the tides. Once organised emotion-sensing cortex systems are reassigned to the eternal machine of comprehensive carbon flux. The question now is how am I going to write a song in this altered state? I'm listening over and over Rob's beautiful backing track and it's working perfectly with my new understanding of plankton - and clashing horribly with all the clumsy and bizarre scientific names and descriptions I'm reading! This is going to be a hard one to write - I don't know how, but I think I'll take a cue from the plankton, and go with the flow.




1 comment:

brownio said...

Top marks for introducing flagellums as a keyword. Let's see how may other posts can get away with using that beauty.